In this lesson, real world connections are shown between animals and the elements of design form. Spheres, cubes, cones and cylinders are all used to highlight these similarities in design and the animal kingdom. Colored pencils are also used to show how forms can appear more three dimensional.
The students will:
- Learn about connecting animals to a basic shape
- Translate shapes into their 3D forms
- Understand the importance of colored pencil techniques
- Create a zoo animal using a type of form
- Learn how to use Tombow Recycled Colored Pencils
Download the lesson plan PDF here.